“I’ll say this plainly, I’ve said it before – Taxation is theft. It presumes the government has a higher claim on our property than we do,” says Judge Andrew Napolitano, the host of Fox Business’ Freedom Watch and the author of the new book, It Is Dangerous to Be Right When the Government Is Wrong: The Case for Personal Freedom.
Reason’s Nick Gillespie sat down with the outspoken libertarian commentator to discuss topics ranging from abortion (the judge is fiercely pro-life) to Occupy Wall Street (he welcomes the protest against corporatism) to Rep. Ron Paul (“the Barry Goldwater” of our moment) to the role of religion in the quest for freedom.
More from Judge Napolitano
- Government Spying Out of Control
- Obama Gives Himself Permission To Kill
- The Right to Self-Defense
- War, War, What is it Good For?
- Jefferson Weeping
- “I’m Against Having a King”
- The Right to Shoot Tyrants, Not Deer
- What Ever Happened to the Constitution?
- A Biography of Judge Andrew Napolitano
- Fiery Response to Privacy Bill Re-Write
- Recognition of States Rights and the 2nd Amendment
- Theodore and Woodrow: How Two American Presidents Destroyed Constitutional Freedom
- Is There Such a Thing as a Wasted Vote?
- Tyranny Around the Corner